Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Blog 6- Advisory Prep


                                
1. What has worked well for you concerning senior project this year?  What has made it a positive experience for you?  
  • The thing that has worked really well for me in my project as of now is me being able to find a mentor in nursing. This made it a positive experience for me because i wanted to do my senior project in nursing since the beginning but it was hard for me to find a mentor until my friend introduced me to someone she knows.

2. What are you finding difficult concerning senior project?  How can you adapt to make that portion work better for you?  How might the senior team help?
  • I think the thing that I'm having difficulty with is the fact that the mentor I got is an oncologist nurse which is not the type of nurse I wanted. Even though I didn't get the nurse in the field I wanted, I'm still happy because I got a mentor in nursing and she can refer me to other nurses in different specialties and then maybe I can get a nurse in the field I would like. As of now, there is nothing I can do really but maybe ask her if she can introduce me to a neonatal nurse at her hospital. This isn't really something the senior team can help me with, it's something I would have to figure out myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment